Wednesday 21 October 2015

Booby conclusion

So Kate, the lactation consultant came over this morning.  She is absolutely lovely and made the whole process incredibly easy.

She watched Leo feed, took a history and also watched me express and felt the inflammation.  She is concerned by the extent of the issue and the fact that it has gone on for so long, so has asked me to get a doctors appointment and ask to be referred for a scan.

She has also corrected my expressing as I was being a little too fierce with it. I really need to concentrate on Leo's latch, she was amused how he is more than happy to latch on any which way!

I was also massaging too vigorously, it only requires the lightest of touch to assist it. It feels so much better tonight which is great!



No comments:

Post a Comment