Monday 23 January 2017

Baby weekend

Every weekend is a baby weekend of course, bit this one was minus a poorly daddy in parts. Finally, the latest lurgie got to grips with Tom so I took Leo out each morning so that he could catch up on some sleep and chilling.

It made me really miss my maternity leave time and that full one to one immersion. It's a shame you stop maternity right at the point they start to become your little pal.


We made goop! This stuff, whilst very dodgy to the adult eye, is amazing! I can't believe I have made it to this point and not found out about it! It's just cornflour (or potato starch on this occasion) and water and it is a Non-Newtonian fluid; Google it.

Leo also thought it was amazing and threw it around the kitchen, which some may recoil in horror at the thought of, however, due to its properties it is the easiest thing in the world to clean up! Perfect toy!

We also did some super chilly walking so that I got my low intensity fat burn, which is the order of the day at the moment. I really have some work to do to be ready for Tough Mudder and just get back to a point that I'm happy with. I am tracking it on my other blog so this doesn't turn into all about me, it's about the family!

Anyway, non-Newtonian play turned into kitchen sink bath time which was obviously also amazing! You can have so much, cheap fun in a kitchen if you put your mind to it!



No comments:

Post a Comment