Monday 2 November 2015

Modern life is tricky

The problem with mobile phones is they're too good. They are now so capable of taking up all our time that sometimes we forget to leave them alone.

When I say we, I mean me. Obviously. It's much easier to sit and look at puppies doing stupid stuff that it is to get off my ass and help out. So from today whenever I'm at home I'm no longer using my phone unless it's totally necessary.

I want to be able to connect with Sarah and Leo constantly, and whilst I'm at work this means I get messages and photos and videos of what they are up to, and it makes me feel included even if I'm not there. But when I'm at home, I have that available constantly and I want to use that time as best I can. This doesn't mean I'm going to be follow them around constantly, although that's actually what I do mostly anyway because I love them both so much, but it means I can concentrate on making things work, doing the washing,  helping make the house liveable for Sarah and Leo whilst I'm away.

I've never felt so happy and loved and content, and I want my family to always feel the same. I know that's not always going to be possible but the more I can do to help the better I'll feel and hopefully the better the family will run.

No comments:

Post a Comment